Saturday, February 20, 2010

Entry no.1 20/02/2010 type:reflection:

Greetings to all,for my first entry.I would like to reflect on a certain topic from a comprehension practice.And that is,in regards to the image of an ideal man.In the past,people will regard those who possessed great strength and courage such that of Scottish warriors as seen in the movie 'Braveheart'.However as time passed on,there are others which tries to take that spot.Three words female use to describe their ideal male nowadays is tall ,dark and handsome.

Though in my oppinion this isn't necessarily to be true.Being a Buddhist and raised in a closely knitted family.I believe the image of an ideal male is a man who loves his family whole-heartedly and will do whatever within his means to keep them out of harm's way and misery;just like my father who has worked hard all his life to take care of his siblings ,spouse(my mother) and children.Maybe male with bulging biceps and impressive built like that of He-Man from the Masters of The Universe series or Man who can literally shatter a bone easily like that of Kenshiro,the main character of the Fist of The North Star series are impressive.However;they are not real.Sure maybe body-building can give you impressive figure,but that's just it.Its just a form of exercise,not what makes a man out of you.


From what I've seen so far,the usual image that male portrayed are those whom you usually see in ghetto movies ,dying their hair ,spiking it up,putting piercing all over their faces and etc.And honestly,if I would have to pick,I would prefer being a coward who suddenly standup to challenge the bullies.In all sincerity,I've faced one of those types of guys in a brawl,and I should say they barely put up a challenge individually.Hence I would come with the conclusion that this is nowhere to that of the the image which I highly revered.However,all these are just my point of view .They have no facts or figures to back them up.Every child of mother Earth has their own voices;hence they should follow their own believes.Not trust that of mine only.

With that,I will end my first entry.Feel free to comment via E-mail.I will be more than happy to answer them

No comments: