I believe this topic will be most rewarding for those who are finally spanning their wings and fly away from their nest or will be doing it someday in the near future.Honestly ,I don't have any rights to say that I'm already living independently;however I think I have the rough idea and I believe I should share this.First off,the reason on why I can consider myself as living independently.You see,I used to stay with my guardian/aunt and also a cousin of mine.It was pretty much an easy lifestyle,coming back home,showering,followed by a few hours of television or nap before going for my tuition,though sometimes my activities are disrupted by school activities ;however I can always balance them.However starting from the last 2 months of 2009 everything starts to change.Firstly,with regards to my cousin's secondary school graduation,my aunt and her husband decided to relocated the entire family to their home in South Korea.I can't say that I blame them,considering that my uncle;the patriarch figure of the family has been living away from his family for nearly his entire life,in his old age.I believe it is reasonable if he wants to spend more time with his family.In addition,my cousin was promised a better chance in entering a top college/
I can't blame them,in fact I'm thrilled for them.Though that is where my hectic days started.I believe most of you have seen those dramas whereby a man gave up on his dream,or athletic scholarship to be with his family instead.Well,with the way I've been living currently I'm sorry to tell you all this,however those stuffs are not fictional.And no,I'm not married.However nowadays I have to spend my time in two places most of the time.Firstly its my kitchen.I have to wash my own clothes.Its not much ,honestly;though its troublesome.I usually performed my laundry duty on Wednesday after my Chinese tuition.Sometimes,I even need to change this to some other days as it might clashed with a school activity,hence my laundry is usually done from seven to eight p.m.
The evening chores is not so bad,its the morning one that I really dread.In the past,I usually wake at around five a.m.Now I ought to wake up at around four in the morning.So that I have more time to prepare my meals and uniform.If that's not busy enough,I didn't mention that I have to balance all those chores with my studies and leisure activities.On the positive not,I had more time on my hand for relaxation now,though that's just it.My mind is losing its edge.I used to have four tuition s.All four the respective important components(English,Mathematics,Science and Chinese).Nowadays,I can only practice on the weaker ones of the four ,while the other two of my stronger subjects are being ignored.So imagine,if you are already entering the working class.All those chores I mentioned above,plus your family and overtime.Hence I urged you to cherish what you have gotten now;especially the support given by your parents,as believe me once you entered the independent lifestyle.Its not about fun and games anymore.
N.B:Thankfully now I manage to balance it.I will emphasize more on Chinese language now by having my tuition moved to Saturday,while the previous Wednesday slot will be filled by my school's Chinese teacher.Mathematics will remain in its previous Tuesday slot.For English,now this is the interesting one.As this is the purpose of this blog.Please leave me some comments and remarks,I'm begging you to do so in fact;BUT PLEASE NO EXPLETIVES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment